This was one of those things. She took my parents old furniture set for their room and made the two matching nightstands green to put on the sides of the line for mine and Brian's wedding. It was fabulous! And now, one of them is the stand for our tv, and the other is the nightstand for our bedroom.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
The Project
My sister Ashley is the kind of person that when she sees something she likes can just say, "Oh I could make that." And she does. Kind of sickening really. I wonder what it would be like to have that kind of talent and creativity? It's nice to have dreams. ANYWAY.
This was one of those things. She took my parents old furniture set for their room and made the two matching nightstands green to put on the sides of the line for mine and Brian's wedding. It was fabulous! And now, one of them is the stand for our tv, and the other is the nightstand for our bedroom.
Beautiful. Then there was another piece of the set, a wardrobe that Ash and I decided to make yellow/gold. We didn't realized what a huge project it would be... and there were a few speedbumps along the way. Especially when you're stupid enough to uh... accidently reach for the can of black spray paint instead of the final glaze....
URG!! After a few choice words... and the mental agony that came with me thinking I would have to sand, paint, glaze, all over again, I found that I could just spray A LOT of yellow paint over it again and re-glaze. So... not as bad as I thought. And now the final piece is done!!
I love it. And now I want to do it to almost every piece of furniture I have so that I eclectic, colorful furniture all around my house! Yay!
This was one of those things. She took my parents old furniture set for their room and made the two matching nightstands green to put on the sides of the line for mine and Brian's wedding. It was fabulous! And now, one of them is the stand for our tv, and the other is the nightstand for our bedroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dang girl! YOU have some talent! I love it and love that yellow! It turned out fabulous.
ReplyDeletewe have a turquoise table and red chairs that need glazing.... you should help me, I have no idea what I'm doing! the yellow piece you did turned out AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteOOOOHHHH! It turned out SOOOO nice, La! RUV it!!! Ha ha ha. You have the same amount of creativity I do, you just have to tap into it and practice a bit. You'll be better than I am in no time! Love you, Ra.
ReplyDelete