Dear Blog Diary,
Well... it finally happened. The inevitable of the metabolism slowing down has found me. All my life I've eaten however I wanted to and never thought of the consequences. I never was one to gorge on sweets and fats, but boy did I eat a lot. I was and am a pretty active, but I was never one to run every day, do push ups or sit ups, or even OWN a gym pass.
These past few weeks I've tried to better, I really have! But now I can't eat the same amount and not expect the same result. Sigh. I know it's all about what you eat and if you are being active on a consistent basis. But ladies, who has the time?? I know I know, it's all about prioritizing and staying motivated. Each week I tell myself, "K Laura, this week you need to go to the gym or run or something every day. Put those chips down!!" And... every day, it doesn't happen. I don't think that I'm overweight or anything, I really don't, but I just feel gross, and I can tell a huge difference when I exercise and eat better. So why don't I do it? I think it would be easier if I had someone to go with, (Brian usually has to work or groans when I bring it up) but I should be going anyway and not use that as an excuse. How do you guys stay motivated? What are ways to help me and Brian GET off our butts?!?!
Sincerely,
Mrs. My-Pants-Don't-Fit-Anymore

Laura!!!! Come with me!!!! I'm back in the habit of going at least 5-6 times a week!!!! It took me a while, but I did it!! I'll be your buddy!!!!
ReplyDeletehaha, it's called Marriage. You gain weight, especially if your on birth control. Of course the husband stays th same or loses it! I would reccomend getting off pop, even diet. I lose weght when I do that. I just cant get my self to stop forever. Its my happy place:) I'm drinking it right now. CRAP:)
ReplyDeleteHow about our deal by Christmas?! I'm rockin it. :D yeah yeah yeah!!! Better keep up with me baby!!!
ReplyDeletehaha I totally know what you mean. Marriage does that to you!!!
ReplyDeleteyou should train for the provo halloween half marathon and run it with me!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Laura. You are SO freaking funny! I love reading your blog. How are you such a good writer all the sudden? I guess I shouldn't say all the sudden cuz you've always been an entertaining writer, I just love hearing it from you! LOVE love LOVE your posts:) Miss you, love you.
ReplyDeleteAnd what is it with husbands NOT wanting to work out when they get married? And people wonder why husbands gain weight....hmmmmm....bunch a lazies!
ReplyDelete