Yesterday was a day that we call, "Just one of those days." I had a great weekend-I got a lot of things done, I cleaned the whole house, even got my first massage! Brian had Sunday off (which is very rare) and we got to got to all 3 meetings at Brian's parent's ward. Then we spend the rest of the day goofing off, eating magnificent food and being lazy; it was glorious. So by the time Monday came around I remembered all the things I have to do I was a feeling a little stressed and overwhelmed. I went up to school where we talked about rape and domestic violence... not irregular when being a social work major :) Then I went to work and went home. I have been really tired the past few days because both Brian and I have had to stay up until midnight to register for classes next semester. Also we've gotten into the series called Parenthood and we always say, "Just one more episode!" You all know how it is... anyways, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch. I watched the show Awakenings, with Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro-great, fabulous, touching, heartbreaking show. I proceeded to bawl through the entirety of it. P.S. What's up with getting more emotional when you're married? Or is it just me? Haha probably just me.
So I started something else (yes I know I'm extremely lazy, Brian usually works until 9 so I have 4 hours to kill) and Nya is running around like crazy, whining for every little thing. We use to go on walks but it's getting really cold so the poor thing is getting stir crazy. Or so I thought... While I was laying on the couch she runs up and jumps on me... then about 5 seconds later jumps off. I'm wasn't really paying attention because I'm into the movie but then all of a sudden I feel really warm.... and then wet... NYA HAD PEED ON ME. Nya! Who has been potty trained for like 2 months already!! The little stink PEED ON ME. Usually she goes to the door if she needs to go out and had gone out not too long before. Ah man. Needless to say I was furious... it had gone through a blanket and my jeans. I would have taken a picture but I'm sorry... I was in dog pee people. Nya knew I was mad because she was in her kennel as fast as lightning.
Shortly after that I get a call from Brian telling me he's going to be a half hour later than he thought, which means we had to cancel going to my parents for FHE.... bummer. Half hour later he calls telling me the car is dead... so he tells me to come get him, but then people kept coming over and trying to help him, (bless them) so he'd call me back telling me not to come. Finally he decided it's not going to work so I have to run out to get him. We've been having car troubles for a while so that was another stressor. However..
That very night I got a phone call from a friend telling me that the Frontrunner accident in Kaysville was someone we knew. In fact they live right across the street from my parents house. I was shocked; the police had to go to the house and tell the husband that his wife and kids are in the hospital in critical condition. All day long I had "one of those days," but not once was I worried about the safety of my family or the future. To update you, the wife is still in the hospital after undergoing an extensive surgery, they think she's going to be okay, and the two little girls got to go home. What an eye opener that was for me. You never know what's going to happen.... one day you're healthy and the next you could be fighting for your life.
I'm grateful that no one was killed. I'm grateful for the gospel and the things that I know and enjoy. I'm thankful for a Father in Heaven who is watching over that family and each of us. Yeah getting peed on is pretty bad, but it could always be worse. So I'm grateful.
I cry during lots of dumb shows too, and get emotional over stupid things, so it's not just you! I love Parenthood, I've been watching it since it premiered! It's a great show, but Joe doesn't like it :( I swear he's not super into my shows just because he's stereotyped all of my shows as dumb!
ReplyDeleteI love this. And I'll let ya know about the emotional marriage thing..hahaha. But I really love this post. So true, so inspiring. Sorry to hear about your neighbor :(
ReplyDelete