So... Laura has proven to be somewhat of a lazy blogger
;)
Not like she has a ton going on or anything!
Just:
School
Finishing an internship
BEING PREGNANT!!!
Teaching primary
Putting up with the best husband in the whole world ;)
and staying warm in the 15 inches of snow we've gotten the last couple days
I mean really...
Prioritize...
(please sense the sarcasm)
So I decided that I would update the blog.
These are a few things we've been doing lately:

We went to a great halloween party with some friends.
Laura was a penguin and I dressed like I do everyday and said I was a lumberjack.
Easy enough.

Leftover halloween candy is the best!!!
I can't help myself though and a few of these ended up being great additions to my already unhealthy breakfasts while it lasted.

I signed up for my frist triathlon just about a month ago and it was just this last Saturday. I got really lucky and they ended up cancelling the bike portion due to snow... I was lucky because I ate way too much halloween candy and didn't train nearly as much as I needed too. I thought I was going to drown a couple times!!

Byron, Courtney and I spent most of the afternoon yesterday building this!!
It was awesome and huge!!
We could all three fit inside. We felt pretty good about it when we were done.
(Byron is Laura's dad and Courtney is her sister - just to clarify.)

BUT!! Most exciting of all... We did find out we are having twins.
And no, I'm not carrying one of them although this picture may say otherwise.
It's also proof of all the halloween candy...
We went to our first doctors appointment a couple of months ago and met with the nurse practitioner. It was so weird to think that we were going to be parents. The nurse used one of the little hand-held ultrasound thingys to see the babies and it was so amazing.
She didn't see there were two though...
We waited until just after 10 weeks to go have our first full blown ultrasound with one of the techs at the doctor's office we go to. Of course by this time we would never have thought there would be twins.
In fact the thought never crossed my mind.
We got in and he started it all off. "Holy crap" was my first reaction when the first little baby came up on the big screen. It was such a cool experience to see a little life and know that it was ours.
"You don't know the beginning of 'holy crap'" was the tech's response.
He slid the little handle over and two little round orbs appeared on screen.
I still didn't get it.
"Yep, you guys are having twins!"
"Holy $%&!#"
It definitely goes down in the books as one of the biggest surprises of my entire life.
I never in a million years imagined that we would be having twins.
I've seen tons of em (twins I mean.) I've seen them at the store, the mall, all over - but never even once considered that one day I would have them.
I can truly say this is a miracle.
I don't know exactly why our Heavenly Father is trusting us with these two little babies.
I can't help but feel unprepared.
But most of all I feel grateful
WARNING!!!
I'm about to get a little religously mushy...
It's amazing how close we are to the other side. Already there are two young spirits that have lived for an eternity with our Heavenly Father. We don't remember them, but we know them. I like to assume they chose us to be their parents and that they are anxiously waiting to get to re-meet us.
It will be such a wonderful experience to reacquaint ourselves with our children.
Can't believe I'm going to be a dad.
And even better,
(Although I would have loved any child)
THEY'RE IDENTICAL TWIN BOYS!!!
Say hello to my new camping, fishing, shooting, wrestling, teasing buddies and new best friends.
We love them already.

I loved this post! You guys are going to be such loving parents. I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteLove the Halloween costumes! I hear ya about too much Halloween candy!
TWINS! Woo hoo! Congrats, congrats, congrats! That's so exciting :)
ReplyDeleteOH JOY!
ReplyDeletewhat a GREAT post- You are such a good writer brian... I miss it!
YES- you are blessed & will surely be reunited with some of the bestest friends from heaven. I can't wait to meet them either.
and NO I NEVER expected to be the nana to twins- I could not be happier!!!!
Sweet post! It's so awesome you are helping Laura keep it going. Twins! What a great surprise, I can't imagine that feeling. We are so excited for you guys! It seems so perfect for you to have identical twin boys, they have the best parents and I am sure that reunion will be the sweetest. Love you guys and biggest Hugs
ReplyDeletehttps://www.celebrilarity.com/2020/11/pinjaman-online.html
ReplyDelete