Mr. Crew
Crew was almost a pound bigger than his brother at 7 lbs 4 oz at birth. He was breech in my belly the entire time, and had his large head wedged underneath my rib.
Crew started rolling over from his stomach to his back at 2 weeks. We thought it was a fluke until he did it 2 more times after that. He hasn't stopped since that day and is faster at it than ever. We're in trouble.
He has a TEMPER. From the day he was born when he cries he will get so mad that he holds his breath and turns purple until we blow in his face. I use to get really upset and start to cry when he did that... I'm over it. :) Apparently when Brian was a baby he would hold his breath until he passed out and then have seizures every day until he was 18 months old. So I'm grateful we don't have that going on! Poor Brian's mom.
He's so handsome.... (Hello ladies...)
He likes to lay on his belly (to help with the gas), and sitting upright resting against my legs until he falls asleep. He also likes to be bounced and walked to sleep. Daddy does it the best.
Mr. Finn
Finn was born 2 minutes before his brother at 6 lbs 6 oz. He would get the hiccups at least once a day and I loved feeling the rhymthic movements
He's so handsome too! He has a calmer demeanor than his brother and will sometimes put himself right to sleep. Well, he use to... :)
He likes to do these weird stretches when you pick him up when he's been asleep and will stay in that shape in the air
He is an amazing eater, and has since overtaken his brother in weight. We'll find out tomorrow their specific weights for their two month appointment. I'm sure he just wants to be older and bigger than his brother. Pretty sure they'll always be competing in some way?
He loves sleeping on our chests and getting his back patted until he falls asleep.
They love to take baths and ride in the car, and they're starting to look more and more alike. Often times we'll have to take a second glance at which one we're holding to see which baby we have. If it weren't for their head shapes it would be much harder to tell them apart. (Don't worry, if we ever get desperate and don't know who is who, Finn has a birth mark on his bottom) (kidding people) (but seriously, he really does have the birthmark).
I can see them acting like the Weasley twins and trying to fool people, especially their momma, on a daily basis. Who am I kidding? They're Brian's children, they'll be jokesters til the day they die. Sometimes they'll start to cry and when we get to them they'll stop and crack an eye open to see if we're there. I often don't leave my bedroom because they tag team all day. One will start crying and as soon as I get him settled the other will start. "Okay brother, you can stop now, I'll get her for a while. Hehehehe."
I hope they'll be best friends. Brian told me a few weeks ago that when he was younger his family moved around a lot and often times he would walk the playground all by himself. Heart. Breaking. I love that my boys will always have someone they can play with, and I'm so excited to see how they will react and play with eachother as they get older.
But for now I'm content with my little boys who aren't quite so little. Anyone know the way to Neverland?
Isn't it crazy to see how much they've grown! Man!
ReplyDelete