Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas time has come and gone...

I boxed up Christmas today.  On one hand I was glad to put it away and put up the regular decorations, but I couldn't help feeling sad that Christmas is already over.  I would think to myself, "2 more weeks until Christmas, 1 more week until Christmas," and now it's been a week!  I think I was most excited for Christmas this year than past years.  I got all my Christmas shopping done early and had to wait for such a long time! (Or so it seemed)  But, it was an amazing Christmas and we had such a good time.

It was the boys first Christmas too!  I told myself that they wouldn't even know it was a special holiday so I really didn't need to get them anything but I just couldn't help myself.... I ended up just buying a lot of things they needed and wrapping them as gifts.  Christmas time with children is so much fun.  I can't wait until they're old enough to understand it better.

Can you believe these two pictures are the ONLY pictures I took all day??  I'm so mad at myself.
 
We started Christmas at the Messer's, our scheduled time was 6 AM.  Brian's little brother Trent gets super excited and can't hardly wait, so even 6 was pushing it.  I'm totally okay with it though... I was always the one who woke everyone up early because I couldn't sleep.  At about 5:30 I got a text from Trent that said, "Cockadoodledoo, be here at 5:50 okay?"  I love that kid.
 
At about 8 we headed back to my house and put the boys down for a nap.  So they didn't actually open presents with the Clawson side but that's okay.  I got some great gifts this year too!  I know Christmas isn't about the presents but I was so amazed at how much time and thought each person put into the gifts this year.  I love Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment