Friday, August 23, 2013

Reunions & Babies

Back in July, Brian and I were able to go to our annual Barnett Family Reunion up in Eden.  We filled our car to the brim (Families with 2+ kids... I don't know how you even get out of the house, let alone have enough room in one vehicle for all the stuff!) and we took the hour long drive up there.  We had so much fun hanging out with our families, and they were such a big help to us by holding babies.

One of the days we went to Pineview!  It was the first time the boys have gone to the beach.  We had them decked out in their bodysuits, hats, and even flip flops.

 
I just love them

 
Brian calls this "The Hasseloff" shot
 
The boys did great- we even got them out on a baby tube. Brian also tried wakeboarding for the first time!  We need to go again before the summer is up because we just had the best time.
 
The boys didn't sleep that great at the reunion, something we're still working on here at home, but we'll get there.  After a particularly hard night, I got this adorable shot of Brian and the boys.
 
 
 
Even after just a few hours of sleep, how could you be upset with those faces?  I love my boys.
 
We played kickball and card games and had a particularly special night where my grandparents told us stories of their childhood.  Then my mom and her brothers told the family some of the memories that meant a lot to them and the things they had learned from their parents.  There was a lot of jokes and smack talk of course!  It was really nice to have something a little different out of the ordinary for me and Brian.  I love my family!
 
At the end of July, my sister Ashley had her second boy, Titus Scott Miller! He was 8 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long.  Compared to her last labor (36 hours...) it went much smoother!  He gets cuter everyday and I can't wait to meet him!!  They just moved to Texas so I'm hoping it will be soon.
 

 
Poor guy was super bruised
 
In other news, the boys are now 6 months old!  I really am just beyond belief that they are already so big.  I never thought I could love something so much. 
 
Finn:
  • Finn can sit up pretty well now!  We have a video of the first time he stays up and you can hear Brian saying "No!" in the background.  It upsets him that they're getting so big...
  • Finn for sure has to get a helmet... and unfortunately our insurance won't cover it.  Urgh.
  • Finn can easily be brought to the giggles, but I would say is less smiley than Crew.
  • Finn is a thumb sucker, and I have to say that I think it is just so cute.
Crew:
  • Crew's motor skills are a little ahead of Finn, but Crew has no desire to be sitting up yet.
  • Crew can pick up his binky and put it right in his mouth.
  • Crew is always grabbing at something... my hair, a blanket, my plate of food.
  • Crew loves to bring his feet up to his mouth and suck on them... he's so silly.
They LOVE a show from Veggie Tales called "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." If they aren't tired or hungry, they will watch that show for really long periods of time. They are completely mesmerized by it. It's nice because then I can hop in the shower or grab some food. Needless to say, Brian and I know the show very well. They are such good boys: We can put them down on a blanket and they will play by themselves and roll everywhere but are content. They haven't even gotten sick except for some sniffles. I just have a wonderful life and feel so blessed.



 
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. oh Laura your boys are sweethearts. I love seeing pictures of them together. My Micah is getting a helmet as well. I actually have a brother who works at Northwest Orthotics & Prosthetics. They are a bit farther away, American Fork and Provo, but they do a good job and i found their prices to be much less then other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months went by way too fast! What an awesome family reunion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic of them awake in the night (with daddy catching a few zzz's while he can) is priceless! I love it. I hope they start sleeping better, sleepless nights are no fun!

    ReplyDelete