Friday, February 21, 2014

Ride 'em Cowboy!!

The boys turned 1 last Saturday!!!! I wasn't going to make it that big of a deal, but then I decided that they only turn 1 once and that is a huge milestone.  Plus, as of right now we are close to family, and that may not be the case in the near future.  Okay, I just wanted to spoil them.

Brian decided that he wanted them to have a cowboy party! Brian is a cowboy at heart and loves anything to do with that genre.  Luckily their birthday was on a Saturday so it worked out perfectly for the party. 

I found these adorable invitations on Mixbook.
Finn the Cowboy.  In his blue jeans and cowboy onesie.
Table with lasso picture collage, old fashioned root beer, sheriff stars, and bandannas.
Cupcake tier made by the amazing Patsy Messer. 
 (Brian wasn't thrilled that I stole his cowboy boots but he was a good sport :)
We had sandwiches, chips, fruit and a veggie tray.
The boys got the best presents!

The boys eating their birthday cupcakes!
This took a lot longer than it should have... I messed up a lot. 
 Thanks for your help Camille and Brian!
Thanks to the artistic talents of my brother Tyler, we had a storefront from the Wild West!
I loved helping to paint these, it was so much fun.
 
My family, Brian's family and Brian were a huge help, and I was worried it wouldn't all come together in time but it turned out amazing.  Megan and the boys came up and all the kids loved playing with the storefront, toys, and balloons.  We also had a Finn & Crew birthday quiz, and the winner got a gift card to Dairy Queen.  My mom was the winner :)  She had a home court advantage but she's a pretty smart lady.  I wanted to do a "Pin the hat on the cowboy," but we ran out of time.
 
I love my boys.  It was such a fabulous party and I love all my family for their help and enthusiasm.  Here's to hoping this next year is as good as this year was, but I wouldn't mind if it went very slowly.

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute party and those invitations were darling! So glad we could come. Seriously, how are they already a year old?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good mom! What a fun party! Such cute little guys.

    ReplyDelete