Tuesday, March 4, 2014

1 year older and wiser too

Finn and Crew have been over a year old for several weeks now, and let me tell you, life has been great.  We went to the boys 12 month appointment where they are between 6th and 8th percentile for weight and height.  But, their head sizes are in the 89th percentile!  Small boys with big heads.... they couldn't be any cuter. 
The boys with "Kevin." 
(The Messer's big bear they like to place in random places and take pictures.  Super funny.)
 
Enjoying the nice weather at the park!
 
A little about Finn:
  • Has been in a helmet for the past 6 months to reshape his head due to torticollis.  As of a week ago, the doctor said we could take it off!  Good job buddy!
  • He is Daddy's boy.  As soon as he is in the door he is tugging on his pants to pick him up.  He follows him around everywhere.
  • When he doesn't want something I'm feeding him, he will tuck his chin into his chest.  When he's done eating, he'll move his hand back and forth or bang the tray until every. piece. is on the floor.
  • Total goofball!  He is always trying to stick his hands in Crew's mouth and laughing at every little thing.
  • He is the leader between Crew and him these days.  Crew follows him most places.
  • LOVES his teddy bear!  Every time I stick it in the crib he lets out a long, dramatic sigh, it's hilarious!
  • Has a strange obsession with the tub.  If I leave the door open to the bathroom he books his chubby legs as fast as he can towards it.
A little about Crew:
  • Mommy's boy.  I probably shouldn't be happy about this... but oh I love it.  As long as he's not this way forever :)
  • LOVES binkies.  He will go wherever one is, even if it's in brother's mouth.  He likes to hold two or three at a time and then switch them out every 30 seconds.  It's so great.
  • When he gets excited he'll just go berserk; laugh, squirm, scrunch up his nose then.... head butt you.
  • Loves to eat crackers.  I wish it was something healthier, but what can you do?
  • Is skinnier than Finn, but is also taller!
  • Major cuddler.  He will sit with you for a good 10 minutes (12 hours in baby time) and not move a muscle.
  • Loves to watch the beginning of the animated version of Robin Hood with the whistling and singing.  He stands right by the TV at this part and watches the whole thing.  (If I want to get anything done, I have about 3 minutes to do so, during that part)


 
Love you my sweet boys.  So blessed to have you.

5 comments:

  1. Just the cutest! Love reading about each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to read how they're different! What cute, sweet boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post!
    I love these two boys so much- they have added so much joy into my life. I can't imagine life without them now. The are so good- truly! so happy! I think it's because they have such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last comment was me...
    patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, they are adorable. What an amazing mom you are! I have said it before, and I'll say it again.. mothers of twins are my heroes! You are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete