Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Life

I was sitting on the couch after a long day and was looking around me.  This is what I saw: dirty dishes piling in the sink, shoes, toys, blankets, and an enormous amount of crumbs everywhere.  The counters are covered in stuff, doors and cupboards are open, the bed is not made. 

A pile of laundry sits next to the vacuum from the 4th round of throwing up I endured with Crew today.  (Finn had it on Monday.  They both had the flu just over a week ago.  Yes, the flu was kind enough to wait a week and a half before visiting us again.) 

I'm still in my clothes from the night before, I have not showered. I have a headache from the smell of puke after cleaning it out of sheets, toys, clothes and towels.  But then I look around again and see two other things: My sweet boys quietly playing and reading their books. 

And I thought to myself... I love my life.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Laura- I love you so much!
    Great Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I need this. I always feel like I am the only one whose house is a disaster, dirty dishes and laundry not done. Thanks for reminding me that it just comes with the territory of having small children! You're awesome Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard and so wonderful. I swear motherhood is the best and most exhausting thing in the world! Definitely not for wimps. So sorry they are sick! I was so looking forward to hanging out with you and the boys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me teary, Laur. I'm so glad you love your life, cause you should, you're a wonderful mother, wife, and sister. Everyone has dirty laundry and dishes, but not everyone has a good attitude towards life, so you're the winner here :)

    ReplyDelete