Monday, October 14, 2013

Brian's 25th Birthday

My handsome husband turned 25 last month!  All he has wanted for gifts for the past few years is money- he's saving up to buy a gun and I have been very proud of how patient he is.  However, since money is kind of a boring gift...  I surprised him with something to open!

He saw this pillow at Costco several months ago and thought it was the coolest thing ever.  He hates it when his pillow gets too warm and this pillow is memory foam with a gel coating that keeps the pillow cool all night long.  It's actually pretty amazing!
 
In the picture he's calling Jack to brag about his new pillow... it made me very happy:)
 
Sidenote: Have you ever read the 5 Love Languages book by Gary Chapman?  It's a really good book about how each individual shows and receives love in different ways.  He came up with 5 love languages that are: quality time, acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, and gifts.
 
Anyway, it's funny how your love language changes depending on where you are in life.  When I was pregnant- definitely acts of service.   But now I would say that I've become a gift person in the sense that I LOVE buying things for people, especially Brian.  I gave him his pillow the night before his birthday because I was just too excited to wait any longer.  Oh it's just so fun!!  Anyway, kind of random.
 
Boys are awake. Gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) birthday Bri!

    I miss you guys! And I want to meet those adorable little boys that are probably growing way too fast!

    ReplyDelete